E. & G.G. Hook, Op. 909 (1878) II/7
Originally installed in Trinity Church, Bristol RI
Black Walnut Case
Roof repair in 1972 left the instrument vulnerable to a storm which poured water into the case and surrounding area.
Dr. Ken Wolf was instrumental in convincing the church to have it rebuilt.
Bob Newton at the Andover Organ Company rebuilt the instrument, and as a part of the process, made some tonal revisions, as noted below.
Rebuilt - Andover Opus R155 - 1972
Swell shades removed because the original design did not allow for sufficient opening/egress.
Annual summer concert series played by Dr. Ken Wolf (1973-2008), Marion Archibald, and Lois Regestein